PEAK2020 is all about Courage in Practice – learning and sharing effective practices you can implement at your foundations to live our collective dream of changing the practice of philanthropy into the practice of principled grantmaking.
While we can (and do) talk practice change every day at PEAK Grantmaking, we are also dedicated, day in and day out, to helping advance the profession of grants management – and more specifically – helping YOU advance in your own career in grantmaking.
At PEAK2020, we have a strong slate of sessions designed to help you grow as a leader and changemaker, better demonstrate your value to your organization (and philanthropy at large), and make the right moves in your career to meet your goals and achieve a sense of fulfillment.
Explore the program and build your own PEAK2020 career-building learning track. To help you get started, here’s an example:
Monday, March 9
– Project Management Tools for Grants Managers, 10:30am – 11:45am
– No I in Team: Effective Collaboration, 1:15pm – 2:30pm
– Reigniting Your Career Spark: Owning Your Gifts, 3:00pm – 4:15pm
– Facilitated Networking, 4:30pm – 5:30pm
Tuesday, March 10
– Chapter Meetings (Attend your chapter meeting to build your professional network back home!), 8:30am – 10:00am
– Practical Tools for Self-Advocacy and Pay Equity, 10:30am – 11:45am
– Short Talk Round 1: How to Transform Your Change Resistant Team, 1:45pm –3:15pm
– Short Talk Round 2: Thoughtful Approaches: Training New Staff and Return on Organizational Investment, 1:45pm – 3:15pm
– Career Advancement in Philanthropy: Struggles and Lessons Learned, 3:45pm – 5:15pm
If you are new to the grants management profession or the philanthropic sector, I’d also highly recommend registering for our pre-conference workshop, Grants Management 101. This all-day training on Sunday, March 8, features multiple voices from the field and provides a through orientation to what you’ll need to be successful in your new role. Bonus: Get to know other newbies and start your grants management journey together!
Along with committing to Courage in Practice at this conference, I hope you’ll take some “me” time to participate in a session focused on developing your leadership skills, building your confidence, and making connections to create the career you want in philanthropy.
Can’t wait to see you in Seattle and see what you do next in philanthropy!
Sara Sanders, PEAK Grantmaking Membership Director